Thursday, December 17, 2009
We couldn't get anywhere this morning because of the snow and ice. Jessica’s teacher couldn't get to school, we couldn't get into Heidelberg. Sarah had to stay home. We had appointments that had to be rescheduled. It makes me wonder, if just a little ice and snow can cause such a mess...what would we do in a real emergency? I didn't expect to be home today, but I'll try to make the most of it. Sadly, Juergen and I were going to go out to breakfast before we had our final meeting to become Jessica’s guardians. I guess we would have spent the morning talking about the farm house. Maybe it's better we just wait to talk...we need more information. We hope to see the place again on Saturday. This time we want to bring someone who understand major house renovation. Poor Juergen. I want the house allot...he dreads the work involved. I wish we didn't need to decide now. But just because it's hard doesn't automatically make it wrong. Something’s are really worth the effort. But just because its worth it to me, doesn’t mean it's worth it to Juergen. We have to be in agreement...and that's really the difficult point. I am so grateful he doesn't just say no...I know he wants to. I really appreciate his investigating it. I really value my husband. I do not make things easy for him. I'm always asking for crazy things. He didn't marry an easy person.