Skip to main content

Fast for words

I’m sitting here watching Philip do his 2nd day of Fast forwards. We got the program weeks ago but could not install it because we were given the wrong instillation code. He has to do 48 minutes per day. Yesterday he was crying and shaking as he did the program. I guess he was just so afraid he would not be able to do. He did it just fine…just test anxiety. Today he is much more relaxed. I have to sit here and watch him do it, just to make sure he does the whole thing. The whole program is based upon being able to distinguish different sounds. He has to do it for 10 weeks, 5 times per week. We are bribing him with money towards a new bike. Every time he does the program he gets 1€ . That’s allot of money, but he needs a new bike anyway. He really needs help. After he gets through this program he can do the fast forwords reading program. He is still unable to read (he will be 11 years old in October). Not being able to read is a real handicap. Kids need to read in all kinds of groups. It sets him way back. He did so well today! He is real proud!!! Thank God for a good step forward.

Comments

Heather BT said…
Hurrah Phillip!
You can do this, keep going!
Heather BT

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.