Skip to main content

40 things to do that will make your life better

40 Ways to Live a Better Life ~

-Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
-Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
-Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
-When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
-Live with the 3 E's—Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
-Play more games and read more books than you did in last year.
-Make time to practice meditation, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
-Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
-Dream more while you are awake.
-Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
-Try to make at least three people smile each day.
-Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
-Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, OR issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
-Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
-Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
-Smile and laugh more. It will keep the negative blues away.
-Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
-Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
-Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
-You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
-Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
-Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
-No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
-Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
-Forgive everyone for everything.
-What other people think of you is none of your business.
-Remember God heals everything.
-However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
-Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
-Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
-Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
-The best is yet to come.
-No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
-Do the right thing!
-Call your family often.
-Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for _______. Today I accomplished ____.
-Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
-Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
-Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.

Comments

Cindy said…
I love these tidbits of advice. I also LOVE the photos in your sidebar!

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.