Skip to main content

God has not given us a spirit of fear

Sometimes I think the media is working with ISIS to stir up fear and anger in the population. There is a tragic reality that ISIS fighters could be entering Europe with the refugee population. But will we punish the entire refugee population (traumatized hurting families) because of a hand full of cowards? And where was America when the 2 million Iraqi Christians were being forced from their homes, many being tortured and killed? Why did we stand back and do nothing? Even now, why do we allow millions of Syrians to be displaced by their own government and ISIS, but we say no...They cannot come here! I remember reading that ship loads of Jews tried to flee Germany during WW2 and they were turned away by the British government. And I shook my head in sadness and unbelief. But now I read the posts of Christian friends on Facebook who are advocating putting up walls, and reposting the most awful and mean spirited propaganda condemning the entire Syrian refugee population. ISIS has already won. They want us afraid…and they have won! And a friend of mine just told me they are bringing in more security to guard the local refugee camps. Not because of the refugees, but because of the angry Germans that might hurt them. I am so sad! And I am ashamed that I had many of the same fears when the camp was first built 5 mins from my house. But I have tried to learn why they have come. What they have run from. And what I can do to help them. And I pray for the leaders because they need wisdom. It is a mess. But we must be part of the answer, not the ones who are adding to the problems! Instead of hate, we need to show compassion. They are not all terrorists. Most have run away from terrorist and only want safe lives. Jesus said…”31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Matthew 25 31:-36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo