The wind blew down our tomato house...killed it! So I ordered a stronger frame with a door. This will come in 2 or 3 weeks. So maybe Juergen can build the run at the end of April, but most likely in May after he returns from China. Then there is the question...do we wait until after the next vacation? So maybe we will get chickens this summer. Until then we will make everything ready. The run is coming from Belgium. It is solid steal. Hopefully it will hold up in a storm. The storm we just had was very strong! At least the greenhouse is still standing. The new chicken run will be 2 meters wide, and 5 meters long. That is 10 feet x 16 feet.
Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.