Friday, April 10, 2015

A pearl of great price

8 years ago today we adopted Sarah in Nanjing China. I would love to say it was easy, but it wasn't. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. She had RAD (reactive attachment disorder). But we have come a long way from the early dark days. I just spent some wonderful days with her in America. That was great! But today she is having melt downs over the homework she has to do before school starts on Monday. Really, she does fine in school. But sadly there remains so much self-doubt and fear. Even after 8 years. Let’s hope none of that pain will remain in time. Was it worth it...yes! But real healing can take years. People who adopt broken children should be prepared to take a long journey. But I guarantee you it is worth the trip. She is a pearl of great price, and I am so blessed to be her mom.



2 comments:

Rick Moreno said...

You are truly blessed!

Shelley Stuewe said...

she's a sweetheart