Friday, August 30, 2013

not so fast



Well, I’ve spent allot of hours looking at stuff to equip a vacation house.  It's been kind of fun to dream of how I would furnish each room.  But it would cost thousands of euros to fill the house with furniture, appliances, towels, sheets pillows etc. for 8 to 10 people.  But finally you can tell summer vacation is almost over.  The interest is picking up again.  We have had 3 new requests to see the house in the past 24 hours.  So hopefully we will at the very least rent it.  I would rather sell it, but it is easier to rent it.  One of the families that asked about it today has 3 kids and want to rent long term.  They both work, and also want their grandmother to live with them.  It is big enough for 6 people.  Could be the answer?  But either way, I'm calmer.  I think its fun to think about decorating the house in Leimen, but I don't need the job of running a big vacation house.  I think it would be a ton of work.  I think that is plan C, and I hope plan A, to sell it still works. 

 

1 comment:

Shelley Stuewe said...

Yes it's a lot of work to make that size of a home a vacation rental.