Skip to main content

How does your garden grow?


I just love plants. I got this from my dad. He is a great gardener. What I don't have is space or good soil. I really want vegetables in my small garden. I would love to have raised beds built, but that takes some thought and money and time. We are a little short on all the above! I found a wooden sand box on e-bay that sold for 23€ (delivered). It is not as high as I wanted and will not last forever. What it will give me is a place to put very good dirt. It is small enough I will not need to walk on the soil. It should help keep out the snails. I have already got the plants (tomato's, squash, peppers, and lettuce) to fill one sand box up. God willing it will be delivered by next week. I can not wait! I bid on a second wooden sand box. If I win that bid I will have the space for some very nice vegetables!
As far as my health is concerned, I feel very energetic today. I have more energy then I have had in a month. I can really tell people are praying for me. I hope that this growth in nothing important. I am asking for grace. God is a very good God. I am not afraid.

Comments

Jill W said…
I do container gardening for just a couple of tomato & bean plants. I don't have the time or energy for a big garden. I just use large pots & mut them on the patio. We have 3 tomato plants & 3 bean plants & a little pot w/garlic chives.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.