Skip to main content

Crazy

Nicole's travel documents need to be posted by tomorrow or she can not go the Mexico. The big problem for us is these documents must be notarized with a signature by Juergen and I. It's not so easy to find a notary in Germany. In Heidelberg it is even harder because someone just bombed the notary office. It's closed or moved or something??? So Juergen is home scrabbling to find a notary. We were of course not home earlier in the week. Juergen was also gone last week.
As for me, I think I will not be making the trip (sad). The only way I can go is as a leader. I would need to go through an extra process of training and interviews. This is only right. I'm glad they train their leadership. My problem is time and money. I would already need to pay nearly $1500 for the airline ticket and the trip. Then add to this another $500+ for the training, medical exam, police screening and the notary costs and international postage costs...and more costly to us (at least this year) is the time. My parents are not coming to visit us this year because Juergen's mom died. I need to spend a week in Oregon visiting them. Juergen would rather I spend that week in Oregon when Nicole is in Mexico. Right now I think I will bring Nicole to Mexico (if we can find a notary), and then fly to Oregon to see my parents, and then pick Nicole up to travel home. This saves us a week. Juergen will not have to spend all his vacation this year babysitting the kids, or taking care of his dying mom. It has been a crazy year so far! He will have at least some vacation left for himself (God willing). When we started this whole process I just wanted to build a house with Nicole. I honestly do not want to apply or prepare to lead a team of 20-30 teens for one week. Yes, I could do that, but I don't want to. Not now at least. I think it's better for me to visit my parents. I really hope I’m not missing God on this. I’m sure I would have a wonderful time in Mexico leading 20 or 30 teens, but I feel like my poor husband has already been through enough this year. I don’t want to burn him out! You don’t plan on stuff like deaths in the family. That’s just part of life & you have to adjust! I’ve been on mission’s trips, and God willing I will go on them again. I must see my parents while I still can.

Comments

Jill W said…
I think a visit to your parents is a good idea. I think your soul needs a rest and there is nothing like going home to mom. Even as an adult I find great comfort in knowing that my mom is there for anything and spending time with family just eases any burdens that I carry. Nicole will do great on the mission. We did contribute her trip fund, but we went directly thru paypal as your link came thru in all german and we had a hard time trying to figure it out. Please let me know if you recieved it in your account.

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo