Skip to main content

Day 18


I'm very tired both physically and emotionally. It took me 6 hours in very heavy traffic to drive home. I had an amazing time. I was crying nearly the entire way there. I felt so small and completely with out a clue of what I would say, or what I could do. It seems like that powerlessness is a pretty normal way to feel when someone you love is dying. I prayed the entire way to Juergen's parent’s house. It was so amazing, the peace and joy God gave me as I arrived there. I spent a wonderful day sitting with Waltrud. She was very awake. She could not speak, but you could tell she understands most everything you say. Jessica, my 16 year old autistic daughter also can not speak. It seemed very easy for me to communicate with Waltrud. I also observed many small things that could be done to make her situation a little better. Like I said, you just want power to help...that is what we all want. We had a really good time together. She even wrote a very short letter to Jessica. I saw she could move her hand very well. I got some paper and pens. I let her choose the color of pen she wanted. She chooses orange, Jessica’s favorite color. I had brought an orange flower with me, and told her it was from Jessica. Then I thought she would scribble a picture, but she wrote in German, "Dear Jessica...Your Mama will have dinner with me today". Amazing! Juergen and I had prayed that she would be awake enough to talk to, and she was! I'm hoping to be able to make the trip again in a few weeks. I hope this was not good bye. I don't think it was. I am so grateful to God for his help, wisdom, and peace. I am especially thankful for what I have learned over the past 16 years about loving and respecting someone who can not speak but still has so much to say. Thank God for my Jessica!

BTW, I did manage to stick with my fast. I eat one small bowl of soup that had some meat in it. Richard (Juergens 80 year old dad) had made the soup and I did not want to refuse to eat it. I felt that would not have been the correct thing to do. Other wise, I eat no meat, sugar, or butter.

Comments

Jill W said…
What a blessed time you had with your MIL. God is great! I prayed for Waltrud in church today & for you too. I think God must have heard me because I prayed for a good visit. I know how hard these times can be. I am glad it went well. Prayers will contine!

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo