Skip to main content

Fire Conference 2007 in Stuttgart


This weekend Reinhard Bonnke will be in Stuttgart. I hope to be there too, at least part of the time. I'm not generally a fan of loud evangelists. I generally like the style of a funny teacher. I was driving my car one day about 5 years ago. I got a very clear word from God. He said, "you need an Elijah to pray for Jessica". I got home, and I had an e-mail from a man in America named Richard Shaka. He and his wife are both from Serra Leon West Africa. They were going to stay with us that summer. Ricard asked me if I knew Bonnke. He had met him once in Africa and wanted to see him again. Bonnke lives in America but is German. I had seen Bonnke speak once in San Diego but didn't really know him. I looked him up on the Internet. That day there was a testimony on his website. He had gone to a village in Africa. He was brought to a school for the deaf. There were 70 deaf kids in the school. Bonnke prayed, and all 70 kids were healed so they closed the school. I said, that must be my Elijah. Juergen and I went to Vienna the next weekend to have Bonnke pray for Jessica. About two years ago, Juergen went to Africa and spent a whole week with him. He eat lunch with him everyday for a week. Juergen said he is the most humble man. He is so on fire when he preaches, but other wise very soft spoken and humble. I hope to be able to see him preach. I don't really have any strong expectations. He is not Jesus. I do believe he is very gifted. He has already laid hands on Jessica. Jessica is still sick. He even called us on the phone and prayed for Jessica. I was very honored this very busy "important" man of God took the time to call us and pray. I believe it is God who heals. God does heal...I do believe this. I don't know what to believe about Jessica's healing. I'm not even sure I have the courage to ask again. I just know I want to be there, and maybe God will give me the courage to ask again?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo