Skip to main content

4 weeks from today!

In 4 weeks from today we fly to LA! I'm getting really excited! What a great adventure we will have! After 2 years of planning and saving it's almost time to go! I feel so much joy!!!

I took Philip, Sarah, and Thomas to the Dr this morning. Sarah had to receive 2 vaccinations. Thomas needed tests run to see if he could take drugs for ADHD. I talked to the Dr about sending Philip to a clinic that runs massive tests to figure out what is really wrong with him. Philip was adopted. We don't know if there was Prenatal Exposure to Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco . He has serious learning problems and speech problems. It's so frustrating for us. He now goes to a school for learning delayed kids. They basically just go super slow in the school. He does not receive occupational therapy even though his hands are super weak. He receives no speech therapy even though his language is majorly delayed. I want to pull my hair out. OK, maybe he was a drug baby... but occupational and speech therapy will still help him! If he has ADHD, maybe drugs will help that? Maybe no one thing is going to fix everything but that does not mean we should not do what we can! But we can not find a Dr willing to think like that. If we don't drive them to do more, they don't. Anyway, my Dr finally said he would allow us to send Philip for more tests. So I hope we can arrange a stay in a clinic that will really dig. We will do all we can to help him get better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.