Skip to main content

let there be paint

The scaffolding is going up outside. They are going to repair our 3 balcony's and paint the outside of the house. I would love to have it painted a warm terracotta but it will be white. We live in a row house. All the other houses on the row are white. I think it would look funny if it was the only colored house on the row of 6 houses. We will have the bottom of the house painted blue. We are also going to get the very best paint (with lotus effect). We want the bright white paint to stay that way for a very long time!
Our house needed to be painted 7 years ago when we moved in but we decided to adopt Thomas and Sarah instead. International adoption is pretty expensive. I'm happy adoption didn't end all our plans, it only delayed them. But you make choices in life. I would choice my kids any day of the week! As my brother Rick always says...it's just paint! So they will be busy painting for about 4 or 5 days. They do a base coat, and then a top coat. The balcony's are solid (I think). They have water damage. Some of the concrete is breaking off. So far it's just cosmetic. They will repair this damage. All our neighbors also had this work done recently. The house is 30 years old. It's normal maintenance. I'm surprised our dog Mickey isn't barking. He barked for about 10 minutes, then gave up. I guess he is getting old! He is sleeping now. I'm glad about that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Where are the before and after pictures?

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.