Skip to main content

boxes

moving boxes Pictures, Images and Photos

I went and bought 5 moving boxes at the building supply store. They also had a very large stack of empty boxes (good book boxes) for free. I took about 15 of those. I'm going to start packing away my clutter (nick knacks and family photos, board games etc). I'm also going to do some heavy cleaning. I don't know if I'll be given a chance to buy that old house? If the chance comes I want to be ready to show my house. I've got to do work in the garden, paint, clean wood work, and more. Even if we decide to stay in our house, it will make things more livable. The stair well needs to be re painted, so the pictures should come down anyway. It looks like the house painters will not begin until the end of the week. The weather does not look very good. Perhaps it may even take a few more weeks to get the house painted. That's OK, we have waited almost 7 years to do it. We have put off getting a new bathroom too. But we don't believe in doing jobs like this unless you have the cash to pay for them. This is why we only owe money for our home mortgage, and nothing else. I think it's good to stay out of debt. Maybe I'll be better off just being content with our house. It is almost paid for. Why should we add to our debt? I'm really torn about this. Maybe the answer is not another house, it's just less stuff! It would save me allot of money if we would stay put! But even if the clutter is gone, I think I would still love the space of the old house. The garden is much bigger, the kids could have their own bedrooms (Thomas and Philip share now), we could have an office(our office is in our bedroom)and we could have a guest room and a family room. We live just fine with out this extra space, but it would be so amazing to have the space. Interest rates are so low right now compaired to when we bought our house 7 years ago. It would make it very affordable to buy the bigger house. We also moved in this house with 3 little kids, and now we have 5 big kids. It just seems like we have out grown the space. True, Nicole will not be with us forever. In fact, in another 7 years we will only have 4 people living here. Oh I just don't know!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a good idea to be ready just in case. If this one doesn't work out there is something better for you out there in the US.
Love, Shelley

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.