Skip to main content

back to school



The kids went back to school today. Sarah goes to school on friday. I had to sleep in Jessica's room last night. I put a mattrus on the floor, in front of the door. She was just so excited. She would have sat on the stairs all night...just waiting for the school bus. As it is, she had a restless night. I'm pretty tired! I know, what is new! I do look forward to the quite. I look forward to the time and space needed to catch up on the laundry, and de-clutter my house. It wasn't the best summer of our lives. It was loud, cold and dark. It's still cold and dark outside...but at least it's not so loud. I stll don't know what's best concerning Thomas' school. I still want to see if I can get him a test day, or test week. I talked with a friend of mine. Her son went to the Christian school. It really was great for him. He graduated and is now doing wonderfully! Thomas doesn't want to change, and Juergen would rather not force it. I just want to test it for a few days because I still have no peace about where he is at. I do not want to look back 5 years from now with regret about this. It would not be so hard to make this change...but is it the right thing to do? We need wisdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.