Skip to main content

Lunch date in heaven



Jessica refused to go to school today. I guess she is still sick. When I talked with her teacher she said Jessica had a bad day yesterday. She thought Jessica should stay home the rest of the week. While I was making lunch, Jess went up to my room to lay down. I can not smell a thing because of my cold. Her diaper was leaking. So the end of the story includes at least 3 loads of dirty laundry (her bed stuff and mine). Then Sarah comes home with a note saying they have lice again in the school. So I might as well wash Sarah's bed stuff too. Jessica dug into my purse. I had a journal with a hand written note from Juergen mom. I found this note on the hall floor. I almost tossed it out...thinking it was just paper. She wrote the note when she was very sick, and could not talk any more. It says that she will look forward to eating with Jessica one day (I'm guessing in heaven). I believe this was the last thing Waltraud ever wrote. She lost her battle to the tumor 3 months later. When I think about Jessica’s future, I always remember the promise God gave Waltraud. He spoke to her one day and said Jessica would always be given what she needs. So far God has kept that promise, and I have no reason to doubt him now. I can not smell the stinky laundry. My washing machine is very large. I'm just going to do the laundry, I'm not going to let it phase me. Stuff like this use to really bother me. I miss Waltraud. I look forward to the time we have lunch together. And as I have I often thought, Jessica will do all the talking. I'm sure Waltraud will agree that's just how it should be.

Comments

Rick Moreno said…
like it!

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.