Skip to main content

Day 18


I'm very tired both physically and emotionally. It took me 6 hours in very heavy traffic to drive home. I had an amazing time. I was crying nearly the entire way there. I felt so small and completely with out a clue of what I would say, or what I could do. It seems like that powerlessness is a pretty normal way to feel when someone you love is dying. I prayed the entire way to Juergen's parent’s house. It was so amazing, the peace and joy God gave me as I arrived there. I spent a wonderful day sitting with Waltrud. She was very awake. She could not speak, but you could tell she understands most everything you say. Jessica, my 16 year old autistic daughter also can not speak. It seemed very easy for me to communicate with Waltrud. I also observed many small things that could be done to make her situation a little better. Like I said, you just want power to help...that is what we all want. We had a really good time together. She even wrote a very short letter to Jessica. I saw she could move her hand very well. I got some paper and pens. I let her choose the color of pen she wanted. She chooses orange, Jessica’s favorite color. I had brought an orange flower with me, and told her it was from Jessica. Then I thought she would scribble a picture, but she wrote in German, "Dear Jessica...Your Mama will have dinner with me today". Amazing! Juergen and I had prayed that she would be awake enough to talk to, and she was! I'm hoping to be able to make the trip again in a few weeks. I hope this was not good bye. I don't think it was. I am so grateful to God for his help, wisdom, and peace. I am especially thankful for what I have learned over the past 16 years about loving and respecting someone who can not speak but still has so much to say. Thank God for my Jessica!

BTW, I did manage to stick with my fast. I eat one small bowl of soup that had some meat in it. Richard (Juergens 80 year old dad) had made the soup and I did not want to refuse to eat it. I felt that would not have been the correct thing to do. Other wise, I eat no meat, sugar, or butter.

Comments

Jill W said…
What a blessed time you had with your MIL. God is great! I prayed for Waltrud in church today & for you too. I think God must have heard me because I prayed for a good visit. I know how hard these times can be. I am glad it went well. Prayers will contine!

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.