Skip to main content

Lemon Sorbet



I found this when I was looking for cooking classes in Northern Cyprus. It looked pretty good!


Lemon Sorbet

Basic ingredients for 4 people

4 lemons, 200g sugar, Half a litre of water, 2 egg whites, The rind of one lemon, Half a cinammon stick OR some leaves of mint, A pinch of salt.

Steps:

Grate the rind of one lemon and squeeze all four

Heat up the water with the cinnamon stick in, and once it starts to boil, let it simmer for 10 minutes. Let it cool.

Once cool, put in a bowl and add the lemon juice and the grated rind. Stir well and put the bowl in the freezer.

When the mixture is starting to freeze, beat the egg whites until they are stiff, adding the pinch of salt. Take the bowl out and mix the eggs into the freezing mixture.

Put the bowl into the freezer until it is cold and hard.

If you prefer a minty sorbet use mint leaves instead of the cinnamon stick.

Add a good sized sprig to the water when boiling, also decorate each portion with a mint leaf or two.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My friend Anna who had cancer and is in remission they took stem cells and put them back in her when her cancer was killed. She seems to be doing OK.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.