Skip to main content

crossing Africa




This is from the blog of two people who crossed Africa in a Fiat Panda. I don't think I would want to take this trip (well, maybe). What a cool thing to travel. I have never test driven the Panda. I honestly don't know if I'll like it. It looks like a real fun car. I don't actually know what has gotten into me, but I want my car to be fun to drive. Juergen has the very big "practical" beast of a car. It has loads of room and feels like a house on wheels. Fun is not a word I would use to describe Juergens car (sad but true). I generally travel in my car alone, or with one or two kids. I take short trips in the city. I need something easy to park, and cheep to run. I hardly ever drive on the autobahn. I guess so much of my life is pretty dull. Driving does not need to be fun...but I want it to be fun. Maybe it's a midlife crises? I love my family but some times I feel like I never give myself what I "want". Is there anything really wrong with liking a sporty little thing of a car? It has 6 airbags, and a solid roll cage for safety. I don't plan on drag racing with it. I just want it to steer like a sports car, and move like a sports car. I have a young heart, and some times I feel so old.

Comments

Amy, it is perfectly OK to want and need a means of getting away from stress. We all have stress, but I can't think of many people who on a day-to-day basis live with as much stress as you do. So whether it is a car, your fieplace heater, or just going to the park alone please do not feel guilty for it. If you take the time for yourself, you will be more refreshed and the whole family will reap the benefits. I love you, Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.