Skip to main content

not so fast



Well, I’ve spent allot of hours looking at stuff to equip a vacation house.  It's been kind of fun to dream of how I would furnish each room.  But it would cost thousands of euros to fill the house with furniture, appliances, towels, sheets pillows etc. for 8 to 10 people.  But finally you can tell summer vacation is almost over.  The interest is picking up again.  We have had 3 new requests to see the house in the past 24 hours.  So hopefully we will at the very least rent it.  I would rather sell it, but it is easier to rent it.  One of the families that asked about it today has 3 kids and want to rent long term.  They both work, and also want their grandmother to live with them.  It is big enough for 6 people.  Could be the answer?  But either way, I'm calmer.  I think its fun to think about decorating the house in Leimen, but I don't need the job of running a big vacation house.  I think it would be a ton of work.  I think that is plan C, and I hope plan A, to sell it still works. 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes it's a lot of work to make that size of a home a vacation rental.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.