Skip to main content

He died

I like to live and think of Jesus rising from the dead, not that he died. But the fact that he died for me is very important. Without him I am dirt! All my sins are black like the junk that builds up in the cracks of my dishwasher. Black, rotten and smelly! But Jesus has died for my sins. I am always asking for his forgiveness. And once I am forgiven, it is forgotten. He doesn't keep a big book of past wrongs. He forgives. I guess if anything, I should learn to be more like him. My kids are always breaking things, yelling, hitting, and bothering each other. We get to the place of forgiveness, but I have a hard time forgetting. Perhaps God has the advantage, he sees what we will be...not what we are. Maybe I need to get a vision of what they are becoming, not the hard headed, arrogant selfish teenagers they are right now. But Jesus died for them too. And by his grace he will do a good work ...



I've always loved this picture of the boys in Thailand. Sin is like the smelly dirt in my dishwasher, but Jesus died for our sin. Once he washes us clean, he doesn't remember the sin. I don't keep remembering last weeks dirt either. The Bible says ...

Micah 7:19 He will again have compassion on us;
he will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.

You need to deal with sin just like you need to deal with dirt. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away. But once you deal with it, you have freedom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.