After 30 days I've decided to break my fast. I've had a head ache for a week and I just don't have the energy to parent my 5 kids any more. I'm getting grumpy and I don't think the fast is helping me get closer to God anymore. I think the first 10 days were very good for me spiritually, but the past 20 days I just did it because I said I would. Now I think I've got to break it. Sorry if that becomes a stumbling block to anyone else trying to do this too. I find the lack of protein very hard to deal with. Maybe if I didn't need to race around all day cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc it would be do-able . As it is, I'm glad I hang in there as long as I did. The past week I've been really grumpy. I am very short with the kids. I am not being a good parent, so I feel like it's time to stop the fast. Maybe I'll fast again 40 days before Easter. Next time I'm going to keep eating meat and just fast sugar.
My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!
Comments